3. High value biological information
- Provides biological activity instead of binding information.
- Detects all the targets involved in the response
- Identifies new targets related to the analyzed activity
4. Provide efficient screening tools to therapeutic areas classically deprived of HTS.
Screening Focus :
- Coagulation (pro and anti)
- Fibrinolysis (pro and anti)
- Antiatherosclerotic (LDL peroxidation inhibitors)
5. Ex vivo information useful to drive successfully clinical trials (Phase I, Phase II and Phase III)
For the first time, a Drug Discovery Screening Platform as provides ex-vivo information useful to drive successfully all the Clinical Phases:
- On human healthy-like conditions and estimated dose useful to drive successfully Clinical Phase I
- On patient-like conditions and efficiency of the compound useful to drive successfully Clinical Phase II
- Comparative efficiency information of the compound vs gold-standard treatment useful to drive successfully Clinical Phase III
6. Screening Capacity at the level of ultra HTS that enables the screening of over 40 million compounds per year.
Efficient platforms that are able to work at ultra HTS level. The screening capacity is of over 40 million compounds per year and the platforms can use 96-, 384-, and 1536-well formats.
7. Types of platforms:
Thrombotargets has developed and adapted to High Throughput Screening a whole Hemostasis Pathway Assay named HemostaScreen, capable to simultaneously quantify clot formation and clot lysis. In this way, with this we can simultaneously evaluate the effect of small molecules on Coagulation and on Fibrinolysis.
can evaluate the antioxidant effects of small molecules by means of determining their effect on the total antioxidant capacity. This platform is also specific to the oxidant process associated with neurodegenerative diseases and aging
can evaluate the antiatherosclerotic effect of small molecules by means of inhibiting the modification of low-density lipoproteins (LDL) by lipoperoxidation.